OMG this custard slice is so easy to make literally takes 10 mins! I make this is the Thermomix, you can also do it on the stove top in a saucepan.
You will need:
- 30 Grams plain flour
- 2 Eggs
- 500 Mills of milk
- 1/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Packet of lattice biscuits
- Place all ingredients into the Thermomix at 90 degrees, speed 4 for 7 minutes
- In a tray line 10 lattice biscuits
- Once mixture has finished pour the custard on top of the lattice biscuits, don’t worry if it gos over the edge, you can cut them off when they set.
- Once the bottom layer of biscuits is covered, place another layer of biscuits on the top.
- Pop in the fridge to cool and set.
- Once set, you can slice them into their squares and dust with icing sugar.
If you don’t have a Thermomix, you can cook the custard on in a saucepan, mix the milk and flour together and then add the eggs and sugar. Slowly bring to the boil making sure you stir continuously. Once it has thickened remove and follow steps above.
You can also add vanilla or lemon rind, or coco to the custard for different flavours.
Would you give this a go?