This is the easiest scone recipe to make, they are so light and fluffy.
I make different varieties of these I use the same basic 3 ingredients but ill also add either dried fruit, edible lavender, pumpkin etc. You can be creative or leave them plain like the recipe below:
You will need:
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup lemonade I have even used diet lemonade, I have also used lemon lime and bitters, which was nice.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over cream and lemonade and mix together to form a sticky dough, I use a metal knife to fold the ingredients in.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface so the dough will not stick and knead lightly.
- Press the dough into your workbench until it is about 2-3cms thick.
- Cut with scone cutter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- Serve with jam and cream or even lemon butter is nice.
Do you have another easy scone recipe you would like to share with us? Leave a comment below if you do X