My auntie makes the best tuna bake, this is her recipe and a family favourite. Very easy to make and cheap to!
You will need:
1 Packet of spiral or penne pasta cooked as per packet instructions
1 packet of frozen spinach
2 cups of corn kernel’s
1 large tin of tuna
500 mils of milk
300 grams of grated cheese
2 tablespoons of white flour
1 tablespoon of butter
- In a saucepan stir butter and flour together to make a paste, add milk quickly and keep stirring until sauce thickens up, similar to a white sauce.
- Preheat an over to 180 degrees
- Once thickened add 200 grams of the cheese, set aside the other 100grams for the topping.
- add the tuna and corn
- add the cooked pasta and stir though well
- add mixture to a baking dish
- defrost the spinach in the microwave and pop on the top of the pasta.
- Add left over grated cheese across the top
- bake in oven for 45 mins until the top is golden and crispy
- Serve and enjoy!
I sometimes add what ever veges I need to use up in the fridge, you can basically add what you like x