Total cost – $13.50
- 1 butternut pumpkin diced seasoned and roasted in butter with 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 350g of diced bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon of frenchonion soup
- 1/2 cup of cream
- shallots or chives to garnish.
- Skin and dice the entire butternut pumpkin and roast with a good knob of butter and a teaspoon of garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper before putting pumpkin in the oven.
- In a separate pan, lightly fry the diced bacon and put aside in a separate dish.
- Once pumpkin is ready add into the dish you fried the bacon,
- add the chicken stock and 1/2 teaspoon of french onion soup.
- Stir through the cream and add the bacon.
- Once served in bowls garnish with shallots or chives.