Total Cost – $14.90
- 500g of chicken thigh or breast (whever is cheapest)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 small jar of basil pesto
- 1 cup of cream
- 1/1 cup of chicken stock or water
- 1 packet of family sized gnocchi
- handful of crushed cashews to garnish
- Brown chicken in butter and garlic
- add pesto and cream and simmer for 15-20 minutes
- While the chicken is simmering, add the gnocchi to a pot of boiling water.
- Once cooked, drain and stir into the sauce.
- Add crushed cashews to garnish.