This pasta has a great balance of sweet and salty flavours, the pumpkin works well as a sauce, full of flavour and very cost effective.
You will need:
1 Packet penne pasta, you can use what ever pasta you like though
2 Cups roasted pumpkin
2 Cups of baby spinach
1/2 teaspoon of honey
1/4 Cup of sundried tomato’s
1/4 Cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
300 mills of cream
Salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Add roasted pumpkin sundried tomato’s honey and cream in a frying pan and simmer
- In the mean time boil pasta as per packet instructions.
- Simmer for sauce for 10 minutes until reduced
- Add baby spinach cook for extra minute
- Strain pasta and add sauce to it
- Stir through parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you think you will give this pasta a go?