These days most of the products we consume, use for self care or for household cleaning are filled with unnatural substances and chemicals, however there are some fantastic natural products that can substitute many of these products for a healthier, safer alternative. Coconut oil is one of these such substances that has multiple uses around the home and is also a great product for use in cooking.
Below are some of the potential uses for this wonder product:
- Cooking substitute for oils and butters
- Oil pulling for improved tooth and gum health
- Eye make-up remover
- Natural nappy rash cream alternative
- In coffee or tea as a creamer substitute
- To remove cradle cap on babies heads
- Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy
- Massage oil
- To control frizzy hair
- As a lip balm
- Topically to treat yeast infection
- Topically to heal wounds and burns
- Intensive hair treatment for dry hair
- Mixed with sugar as a body scrub
- With apple cider vinegar to treat headlice
- To increase milk supply in nursing mothers
- As an energy boost in kids snacks or smoothies
- To help minimise cellulite
- To ease sunburn once heat has gone
- Speed up weight loss
- Used to treat itchy bug bites
- To improve sleep
- Natural deodorant
- Mixed with baking soda as teeth whitener
- To boost circulation
- As a hand cream to prevent dryness and for cuticle care
- For cracked heels
- Anti aging face cream
- Substitute in baking
- A teaspoon to banish sweet cravings
Coconut oil is a great product simply because you can use it in its natural form for so many useful purposes or mix with other natural ingredients you will likely have around your home. It has a pleasant coconut scent that is perfect for health and beauty products and a great flavour for consumption or cooking.
This one product can eliminate so many other products from your home, in one simple container. Save money, reduce use of unnatural products and minimise the number of products you need in your house.
You can purchase coconut oil from health food stores or leading supermarkets. In the cooler months it can solidify, however placing the container in a bowl of hot water for a couple of minutes is usually all you need to have it back to liquid form if needed.
Do you have any other favourite uses for coconut oil?