This is my hubbies favourite slice, so it never lasts long in our house.
I must admit I like the tangier slices better then the chocolate slices, something about the balance of sweet and sour that I love in this slice!
You will need:
1 Packet of Granita biscuits
1/ 2 Tin of condensed milk
1oo grams of butter
1 Cup of shredded coconut
4 Tablespoons of lemon icing
2 Cups of icing sugar
20 grams of soft butter
- Blitz biscuits in a Thermomix or food processor to a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter and Condensed milk in the microwave for approx. one minute.
- Add the coconut, and condensed milk mix to the biscuit crumbs and stir through
- Place the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Push the crumb mixture in firmly to the tray making sure an even consistency across.
- Pop in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- In the mean time combine all icing mixture ingredients to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Once slice has set in the fridge, take out and spread icing mixture across the top of the slice.
- Pop back in the fridge for 3 hrs. and let set.
- Slice and enjoy!
What is your favourite slice to make? Do you have a recipe you would like to share with us? If so leave a comment below X