This is one of my favourite meals, not only because it tastes amazing, but because it is quick and easy to!
You will need:
- 8 Raw prawns, I use tiger but any will do (I get what is on special)
- 1 Chorizo Sausages cut finely
- 10 Stuffed Olives halved
- 1/2 Red Capsicum
- 1 sprig of shallots
- A few leaves of basil
- 1 packet of pasta, I use either fettuccine or penne, but any will do. ( I use $1 pasta for this recipe from Woolies)
- 20 Mills of olive oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add pasta , follow directions on pasta pack for best outcome.
- Then in a frying pan on a medium heat add the chorizo and capsicum, cook for a minute until oils releases from chorizo.
- Then add prawns and cook through until red colour on each side.
- Now add the olives, olive oil, shallots and cook for a minute.
- Once pasta is cooked strain and add to a bowl.
- Then add the mix to the pasta, making sure all the juices and oil coat through as this is your sauce.
- Add a few springs of basil and the lemon wedges, which will be squeezed over when serving
- Mix through and serve
I also sometimes add pine nuts and feta cheese before serving, it is up to you. That costs slightly more though.
Do you think you will give this a go? X
Easy Mid Week Pasta!