How yummy is golden rough? I use to love eating them when I was a kid along with the Mint Pattie chocolates.
I think they cost about $1.50 now for one which is a bit steep considering their size!
So this is what I do when I feel like one, it saves money and tastes the same, makes around 8- 10 golden rough sizes and works out approx. 50cents each.
You will need:
- 1 block of cabury cooking chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup of coconut add more if you like a lot of coconut.
- Pop the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave bowl and place in microwave on high for one minute.
- Once timer is up take out stir through, it should be a shiny silky runny consistency
- Add coconut and stir through
- Now the fun part! Pour into molds or if you want them thin like golden roughs I use cookie cutters and pour enough in just to cover bottom of mold.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hrs
- Once firm push down hard on the cookie cutters to cut off any leakage, and pop out the chocolates, do the same with the molds.
- Then enjoy 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 lol
These also make great gifts for a school teacher or neighbour, you can even wrap them up on gold foil (that you can purchase from the baking shop) so that they look like the real golden roughs.
Do you think you will give these a go? X