I was cooking with my 2 little ones a few months ago and I asked them what they would like to make. I was surprised when my Miss 4 suggested we make unicorn food.
she was concerned that a unicorn might come to the back yard one day and need something to eat. I love kids imaginations!
I had no clue what a unicorn eats, I mean I had only ever seen them on Nickelodeon and I don’t think I have seen twilight sparkle eat anything lol
So I asked my Miss 4 the following questions and this is what she came up with:
What does Unicorn food look like? It looks like crumbs that you hold in your hand s they can lick them up.
What colour is their food? Rainbow of course, but no orange they don’t like orange!
Do they like sweet or salty food? Sweet food they like, apples and cookies.
Once I had a run down on what unicorns actually liked, we set about making the following recipe:
You will need:
- 3 Cups of flour
- 125 grams of melted butter
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- Food colouring of your choice
- Edible glitter if you wish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Melt butter in microwave for 15 seconds
- Add flour to a bowl
- Add condensed milk and butter to the flour
- Mix well
- Divide mixture into 4 sections
- Add a different food colour to each lot mix well
- Roll into approx. 2 inch balls and flatten to look like biscuits
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 mins
- Once cooked remove and let cool
- Now comes the fun part – magically break them apart into rainbow crumbs
- Add to a jar, so it looks like a load of rainbow love
- Add edible glitter if you have it – we didn’t, the last unicorns used it lol
- Enjoy how much fun your kids get out of it!
This is edible, unfortunately ours got eaten before any unicorns dropped in. It is also suitable for reindeers!
Have you made anything similar for unicorns before? haha x