I love a good rum ball! Well honestly I love anything with rum in it, actually make that anything with alcohol in it! Oh I will be back soon I think I need a wine lol
Ok slightly got off topic for a minute! I was saying I love a good rum ball, the only thing is I like to use real rum in my recipe, not just the rum essence. I like to taste the rum not just smell it.
The rum balls I make at Christmas are not suitable for kids to eat, so I find this easy “No Rum Fun Balls” are a good substitute.
It is a bit of a tradition that hubby and I have a Rum ball and a Baileys at night leading up to Christmas. ( We start this in May lol )
The recipe is pretty basic, I actually picked it up form the kids day care. It is easy to make and the kids can even help.
No Rum Fun Balls!
- 1 packet milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (plus a little extra for rolling the balls in)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Crush or blitz the biscuits and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa and coconut, stir together then add condensed milk.
- Take small amount of mixture and roll into a ball, then roll through extra coconut.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture, place the chocolate balls on a plate and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Makes approx. 30, depending on how much mixture the kids eat as they roll them.
I will be adding a healthy version of these on the blog next week, so keep an eye out for that!
Do you add anything different to your rum balls? Leave a comment below and let me know what works for you. X