Summer is only around the corner, which means BBQ’s, beach and cocktails Yay!
I love watermelon and I have been experimenting with a few watermelon cocktails lately, it’s a tough job!
This mix would have to be one of my favourites, the key is to get the right balance of sweet and sour flavours. I like mine a little more sour, but you can alter to suit your own taste.
You will need:
- 3 cups watermelon (flesh no pips)
- 2 vodka (shots)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup club soda or lemonade if you like it sweeter
- 10 ice cubes
- Blitz the watermelon and lemon juice in a blender or thermomix on high for 60 seconds
- Add the vodka and club soda or lemonade, which ever you prefer.
- Blitz for another 30 seconds
- Place 5 ice cubes in each tall glass
- Pour cocktail mix into each glass
- Garnish with a wedge of watermelon or mint
Do you have a favourite cocktail? Share in comments below, I will be sure to try it X