I am always looking for ways to hide veges in my kids meals, and these little patties are perfect for just that!
They make a perfect snack or add a simple salad for an easy meal.
You will need:
4 Cups of mash potato or sweet potato
1 Finely grated carrot
1 Finely grated zucchini
- In a blender blitz the weetbix until fine consistency, you can crumble with your hands but it takes longer. Once blitzed pop aside.
- Place all other ingredients into a bowl and mix together well, making sure the eggs are well mixed it.
- Section off small handfuls and start to roll into balls.
- Roll and coat the balls well in the set aside weetbix.
- Heat some 0live oil in a frying pan on high – enough just to coat the pan.
- Place the rolled patties into the pan and cook until brown both sides.
- Once cooked place on a paper towel and plate.
- Serve with tzatziki or what ever you like.
You can add what ever veges you like, I use whatever I have left over in the fridge. You may need to add more egg if your ingredients are to dry and if you use pumpkin you may need to use only one egg. I make so many different varieties of these and I tell the kids they are nuggets lol. They are vege nuggets!
Do you have a recipe that hides veges form the kids? Leave a comment and share below X