I started blogging a couple of years ago, I was already working in social media and promotions and I thought it would be great to add a blog to what I was already doing.
I must admit when I started I had no clue what I was doing, I paid close to $3000 for a my first blog site, I thought that’s just what you did. I only found out not long after I started blogging that I could actually purchase the exact theme my designer had purchased for $55! Yep I have come a fair way since then, thank God.
I wasn’t blogging long before I realised how much I loved it and that I wanted to take it from a hobby to a full time job, which meant I needed to start earning an income fast.
I set about learning as much as I could, I spent many nights up until 2am (much to my husband’s dismay) researching, learning and reading as much as I could to do with blogs, sites, plugins and anything I could get my hands on. I swear by the end of my first year blogging I had shares in Nes Cafe coffee! < I am a cheap coffee drinker I know!
I invested some money and did every blog course I could get my hands on, this really was a turning point for me, and today I want to share the top 3 blogs courses that I have completed and the benefits of each.
A Beautiful Mess – Blog Life
This was the first course I completed, it comes in a downloadable work book format and is excellent value at only $50. The founders of the course Elsie and Emma sure know what they are doing and they are more than happy to pass their knowledge on. You can check out a full list of what is covered in the course here: http://shop.abeautifulmess.com/shop/classes/blog-life
Pros: This course is exceptional value, almost to cheap. In my opinion Elsie and Emma have been overly kind in sharing so much knowledge for such a small investment. It covers a lot.
Cons: It does not have a group set up environment, or the option to ask questions if stuck on something. It is only $50 after all!
Clever Cookie School
This course is a great course especially for beginners, It is run by a successful blogger Chantelle and awesome photographer Rowe. You learn about photography tips for your blog as well, which is a bonus. I think for memory the course cost around $200 and it is great value. You can find more about the course here: http://clevercookie.co/
- You can really tell that the founders of this course really want you to get as much as possible out of the course.
- It has a group set up on face book so that you can post questions in there if unsure of something.
- You are doing the course with a whole bunch of other lovely bloggers which you can connect with.
- Q and A time is organised with other successful guest bloggers, who are more than happy to share what they have learnt with you.
- You learn quite a lot to do with working with PR agents, we even got a list of actual PR companies to contact, which was really great!
- I wasn’t fussed on the worksheets being emailed to me, I would have preferred one section with it all uploaded for easy access. In saying that this was the launch of their first course and considering the cost it really is just a minor detail.
Ok I have left My favourite course to last!
Secret Bloggers Business – Boot camp
This course has been a Godsend to me it covers what both the other courses cover but it really goes into how to monetise your blog (make $$ from it) Founder Kate shares all of her blogging knowledge with you. The course cost is $397.00 and worth every cent, you can read more about it here: http://www.secretbloggersbusiness.com/enroll-now/
- The format is so professional and easy to follow, you can tell a lot of work and time has gone into creating this course.
- Kate makes herself available to answer any questions and if she is not around then you have a full FB group of other clever bloggers who are more then happy to give you a hand. There are some pretty cluey bloggers in the course group, I have learnt quite a bit from other peers also.
- You learn how to make money from your blog, if you follow what Kate teaches you the income does follow. (In my experience anyway)
Cons: I don’t have any cons, only that I wish I had found it sooner!
I have completed other courses on top of these three and in my opinion Secret bloggers business has been the best for me.
I love Secret Bloggers business so much, I am now affiliates with them. To join the course or for more information simply click on the advert in the sidebar. Please note we only affiliate with brands we 100% love!
I hope you found this post helpful. Happy Blogging!